About the role
As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you will be joining an established Agile development team. Your primary responsibility will be working to develop end to end tests across the Ciphr product suite. you will need to be capable of writing and executing manual test cases, perform smoke tests and are confident enough with .net Framework and C# that you can support the development team as required.
- Design and deliver high quality end to end tests based off new and existing specifications.
- Support and assist other members of the development team.
- Aid the development team leader to ensure appropriately detailed, accurate and concise documentation is produced and maintained.
- Review requirements and assist in the refinement of new features and change requests.
- Perform code reviews.
- Write and execute manual tests as required.
- Produce high quality, secure, software enhancements as directed to the agreed specifications.
- Work as part of an agile scrum team, continually improving the development process.
The role requires hands-on experience of development and test methodologies, ideally with a background in agile/scrum and iterative development.
- An excellent knowledge, understanding and experience of the following is required:
- Visual Studio
- Behavioural Driven Development
- Object Orientated Programming
- Experience and understanding of the following will be advantageous:
- Agile and scrum
- Domain Driven Design
- Asp.Net MVC
- HTML / CSS
- Previous experience of working in a development team successfully developing software products.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Keen attention to detail.
- A professional and flexible attitude.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
What we offer:
As well as offering you the opportunity to work with a great team, be part of a growing company and have the chance to learn and enhance your knowledge and qualifications, we offer:
- 25 days annual leave (28 after 3 years’ service), plus bank holidays
- Health cash plan
- Life assurance
- Family National Trust Membership
- Birthday day off
- Family forming support - e.g time off for family forming appointments or to support your partner
- Technology Loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car leasing scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Perks at Work – access to exclusive discounts, cinema tickets, etc.
- Free annual health screening
- Flu vaccine
- Regular training
- £1,500 employee referral scheme
- Medical Cover and Dental cover (after 6 months’ service)
- Income Protection insurance (after 12 months’ service)
Ciphr is a specialist provider of SaaS HR, payroll, recruitment and learning software through its HCM platform, Ciphr Connect. Ciphr’s cloud-based solutions help busy HR teams to streamline their processes across the entire employee lifecycle and spend more time working strategically.
There is no information to display under this section.