|Location:||Remote with travel to our office in Woodford Green|
This role is working for Payroll Business Solutions, a CIPHR Group company. Payroll Business Solutions is a payroll software and service provider, able to offer comprehensive solutions built and managed by high calibre payroll professionals. Our customer focus and reliability are the secret to our success.
We are a provider of end to end payroll solutions, offering both on-premise and hosted payroll software along with fully managed payroll bureau services
Since inception in 1998 by former payroll professionals, our mission has been to bring affordable, quick and accurate payroll services to a wide range of organisations.
Over the years our company has evolved continuously and today our products and services are used to process the payroll for over 200,000 employees. Our clients operate in all sectors of the economy, such as commercial organisations, financial institutions, public sector and not-for-profit bodies and schools and academies.
We are best described by our company motto, “Passion for Payroll” as currently 80% of our employees are payroll system trained professionals.
About the role:
As one of our Implementations Consultants you’ll be a key member of the Payroll Business Solution’s delivery team, managing and delivering payroll solutions to customers. You’ll assist with the configuration and implementation, as well as recommended best use of products and services whilst focusing on operating in the most efficient and effective manner, ensuring that delivery throughput and revenue recognition are maximised, and high levels of customer satisfaction are maintained.
This is a field-based role, where you will be based from home with travel to client sites and our office in Woodford Green when required.
- Be primary contact and trusted advisor for the customer throughout delivery
- Create clear and concise documentation as required
- Have the flexibility to be both a functional product expert and to assume project management responsibilities, ensuring the effective and timely delivery of assigned work
- Utilise and manage other group resources as appropriate to achieve successful delivery
- Ensure customer expectations are managed effectively through timely and effective communication
- Provide end user support for customers and internal bureau
- Great stakeholder management skills
- Good literacy, numeracy and IT skills (knowledge of Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Aptitude to understand technical issues and the database designs
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to engage with clients and understand their requirements
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain deadlines
- Experience of working in an external client-facing role
- Experience of working in a payroll role and implementing a payroll system would be desirable
- Driving Licence and access to a vehicle