|Salary:||Competitive Salary & Benefits Package|
Born out of the desire to offer products that are a little bit different, we develop leading technology to connect people data across organisations and work with a group of carefully selected strategic partners to help customers unlock the true value of people-related data.
We have ambitious growth plans, and, because we are working in a rapidly changing and developing market, we are looking for extraordinary and talented people that will develop and implement creative ideas and solutions.
In return, we offer a fantastic reward package including pension, life assurance, and £1,500 if you refer a friend to work at CIPHR, to name a few. Because we firmly believe in helping our employees to be healthy and happy, we also offer private healthcare, dental cover, group income protection, an employee assistance programme, annual health assessments, a health cash plan, and gym membership loans. Finally, we know how important work-life harmony is, and so we offer a flexible working environment and a flexible holiday scheme, as well as regular social events.
We are committed to developing talent by encouraging our employees to take on challenges, and to growing their knowledge and their input to the business. CIPHR employees tend to stick with us for the long term, which is testament to our people and culture, and to the opportunities for personal growth and development we offer. Many of our employees began their careers as apprentices – a development route we still champion – and have gone on to enjoy successful careers with us, strategically guiding the business in senior management roles.
We’ve achieved the Investors in People (IIP) standard for 19 consecutive years and were voted one of the UK’s 75 best companies to work for in the South East in 2019.
As a SQL DBA you’ll be part of a growing function which focuses on the core of the production environment and takes responsibility for the SQL databases and associated servers that are used in the CIPHR SaaS environment. This role will also investigate and resolve any issues that may occur in relation to the database infrastructure. Additionally, you’ll be responsible for investigating new strategies and ways of providing databases more securely and efficiently whilst safeguarding that CIPHR maintains a high standard of database architecture.
· Create appropriate database maintenance routines and procedures to automate as much of the repeatable activities as possible
· Monitor database performance and activity to look for trends and identify areas for improvement
· Analyse data access using of software diagnostic tools and techniques, collecting performance statistics in order to create management information reports.
· Analytically minded
· Have excellent communication skills including in high pressure situations
· Good level of knowledge and experience of:
o Installation/maintenance on all recent Microsoft SQL Server versions
o Diagnosing faults with SQL server and associated databases
· To be a strong team player that strives to achieve the goals set by the team leader
· Ability to learn software/technologies quickly and the ability to train other support users on these to an appropriate level
· Ability to explain complex technical issues in terms appropriate to the audience it is being delivered to
· Experience of leading a project through its lifecycle
· Experience of automating of processes through the use of common Microsoft based scripting language (e.g. Powershell)