|Salary:||Competitive Salary & Benefits Package|
|Location:||Marlow Bucks SL7 1DD|
CIPHR are a rapidly expanding, innovative, UK based tech company who provide online (SaaS) HR systems and solutions to help organisations attract, engage, manage and retain their workforce more effectively.
CIPHR’s mission is to be a strategic partner in the delivery of software and services, to unlock the true value of people-related data. We work hard to meet client demands through software, outsourcing, data management, and new forms of knowledge-based services.
With ambitious growth plans, and working in a rapidly changing and developing market, we are looking for extraordinary and talented people that will implement creative and innovative ideas and solutions.
We want to continue to expand our growing workforce with creative professionals who can add value and originality to our teams. Employees need to be dedicated to providing top-quality services and have the ability to develop a wide understanding of key HR issues and what CIPHR does to resolve them.
As a SQL DBA you’ll be part of a growing function which focuses on the core of the production environment and takes responsibility for the SQL databases and associated servers that are used in the CIPHR SaaS environment. This role will also investigate and resolve any issues that may occur in relation to the database infrastructure. Additionally, you’ll be responsible for investigating new strategies and ways of providing databases more securely and efficiently whilst safeguarding that CIPHR maintains a high standard of database architecture.
· Create appropriate database maintenance routines and procedures to automate as much of the repeatable activities as possible
· Monitor database performance and activity to look for trends and identify areas for improvement
· Analyse data access using of software diagnostic tools and techniques, collecting performance statistics in order to create management information reports.
· Analytically minded
· Have excellent communication skills including in high pressure situations
· Good level of knowledge and experience of:
o Installation/maintenance on all recent Microsoft SQL Server versions
o Diagnosing faults with SQL server and associated databases
· To be a strong team player that strives to achieve the goals set by the team leader
· Ability to learn software/technologies quickly and the ability to train other support users on these to an appropriate level
· Ability to explain complex technical issues in terms appropriate to the audience it is being delivered to
· Microsoft Dynamics CRM Administration/Development experience
· JIRA Administration and Configuration
· Experience of leading a project through its lifecycle
· Experience of automating of processes through the use of common Microsoft based scripting language (e.g. Powershell)